Fey even alludes to certain people when talking about her body issues. After listing many attributes "a woman needs to have" she says, "The person closest to actually achieving this look is Kim Kardashian, who, as we know, was made by Russian scientists to sabotage our athletes" (Fey 23). Besides just making fun of Kardashian, by mentioning those people who are known to be the icons people look to for beauty, it makes the reader really understand what message she is trying to get across. The last part, though it is obviously not true, allows Fey to further state how no one is naturally perfect, but we honestly shouldn't try.
Another great strategy that Fey is known for is her humor. The pages are filled with sarcastic remarks, and some of the funniest lines I have ever read. It allows her to really show her personality, and depicts that she is not afraid to be controversial and inappropriate. One of the greatest lines is when she says, "Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am all about money. I mean, just look how well my line of zodiac inspired toe rings and homeopathic children's medicines are selling on Home Shopping Network" (Fey 4). It's ironic, sarcastic, and something so creative that no one else could have even come close to. I love Fey's personality, and I think that by the end of the book she will easily be able to explain her purpose through her wonderful, and convincing, choice of words.
No comments:
Post a Comment